Last Updated: March 24, 2020
Purpose and Use
Content Ownership and Permissions
Immerse website and its content is protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of the Hong Kong. Immerse and its licensors exclusively own all right, title and interest in and to the content, including all associated intellectual property rights. You will not remove, alter or obscure any copyright, trademark, service mark or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying the content. No licenses or rights are granted to you by implication or otherwise in or to any intellectual property rights owned or controlled by Immerse or its licensors.
You may link to any page of the website as long as the link does not cast us in a false or misleading light. You may not frame any content. You may not use metatags or any other “hidden text” that incorporates the IMMERSE LANGUAGES INSTITUTE Trademarks or our name without our express written consent.
Immerse does not monitor all activity on its website but reserves the right to do so.
Users are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security measures on the websites, including, without limitation:
- Using a false password or one belonging to another user or accessing data not intended for the user or logging into a server or account which such user is not authorized to access;
- Disclosing a password or permitting a third-party to use a password or failing to notify Immerse if a password is compromised;
- Attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of the system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization;
- Attempting to interfere with service to any user, host or network, including, without limitation, via means of overloading, “flooding”, “mail bombing” or “crashing”;
- Sending unsolicited email, including promotions and/or advertising of products or services;
- Forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or newsgroup posting; or
- Hijacking all or any part of the website content, deleting or changing any website content, or linking to the websites without our specific written permission.
- Modify the site or make it possible for you or someone else to access the site without using an interface that we provide (including through the use of spiders or robots, except to facilitate the creation of public search engines that catalog publicly accessible potions of the site);
- Introduce viruses or any other computer code, files or programs that interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- Damage, disable, overburden, impair or gain unauthorized access to the site or our servers, computer network, or user accounts;
- Collect information about other users for the purpose of sending, or to facilitate or encourage the sending of, unsolicited bulk or other communications, or for any other purpose not explicitly authorized by us;
- Use our servers, networks, or other facilities for any purpose not explicitly authorized by us, including for the transmission of messages not authorized by us, or to interfere with or cause damage to the site or any other service operated by us or any other party; or
- Take any other action that IMMERSE, in our exclusive discretion, believe may damage or injure you, us, or any third party.
Users agree to use the websites only for lawful purposes. Users may not use this site to transmit, distribute, store or destroy material (a) in violation of any applicable law or regulation, (b) in a manner that will infringe the copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property rights of others, or violate the privacy or publicity or other personal rights of others, or (c) that is libelous, obscene, offensive, threatening, defamatory, abusive or hateful.
Immerse has absolute discretion to determine if any use violates these rules, and to act as it deems appropriate in the event of any violation. Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability. Immerse will investigate occurrences which may involve such violations and may involve, cooperate with, and make disclosures to, law enforcement authorities in identifying and prosecuting users who are involved in such violations.
Termination of Usage
Immerse policy is not to accept or consider any unsolicited ideas or materials of any kind. Do NOT submit any such materials. If you violate this prohibition, we reserve the right to consider all materials submitted as non-confidential and free of any claims of proprietary or personal rights. Such material and all rights will be our property, free and clear of any claims by you or others, and we will be able to use them for any purpose, including advertising and promotion, without compensation or any other obligations to anyone, including you.
Internet, Links and Advertising
Immerse assumes no responsibility for the security of our websites or your communications with our websites on the internet. It is strictly prohibited to link other sites with this site without our prior written permission. We may permit some links for convenience, but Immerse is not responsible for any unaffiliated sites to which it is linked or for material posted to our websites by anyone other than Immerse. Links to unaffiliated sites or resources do not imply any endorsement by Immerse of such sites or resources or the content, products, or services available from such sites or resources. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from your use of any such sites or resources. Immerse makes no representations or warranties about the content, completeness or accuracy of the links or the sites linked to our websites. Please note that the site rules and privacy policies of linked sites may differ from those of Immerse and should be reviewed by you when you access any other site.
The site is intended for the use of adults 18 years or older. Parents should accompany children over the age of 13 when visiting the site. You are not permitted to use the site if you are under the age of 13. By using the site, you agree to provide us with accurate information concerning your age or identity if we request it. You also agree not to assist children under the age of 13 in accessing the site or attempt to contact children 13 through the site.
It is strictly prohibited to disrupt or damage our websites, their contents or their security measures or to harass or disparage Immerse or our products or services or personnel. No unsolicited email (spam) may be directed to or through our websites.
How to Provide Notice of Infringement Claims
If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide Immerse (email@example.com) with the following information in a written notice:
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed upon;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the site, with enough detail that we may find it on the site;
- Your address, telephone number and email address;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by you, your agent, or the law;
- A statement by you under penalty of perjury that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf; and
- Your electronic or physical signature or the electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on your behalf.
Immerse’s office for Notice of claims of copyright infringement can be reached as follows: Immerse Languages Institute, 6F CKK Commercial Centre, 289 Hennessy Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong
OUR WEBSITES AND CONTENT ARE PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH REGARD TO THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS OR PRODUCTS INCLUDED ON OUR WEBSITES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, IMMERSE EXPLICITLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUIET ENJOYMENT OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OR OTHER PROPRIETARY RIGHTS, FREEDOM FROM COMPUTER VIRUS, AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE.
IMMERSE MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE WEBSITES AND CONTENT WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR BE AVAILABLE ON AN UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE BASIS. IMMERSE MAKES NO WARRANTY REGARDING THE QUALITY OF ANY CONTENT OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITES OR THE ACCURACY, TIMELINESS, COMPLETENESS OR RELIABILITY OF ANY IMMERSE CONTENT OR INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITES.
IMMERSE DOES NOT GUARANTEE OR WARRANT THAT THE FILES AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOADING FROM THE WEBSITES WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES, WORMS, TROJAN HORSES OR OTHER CODE THAT MAY MANIFEST CONTAMINATING OR DESTRUCTIVE PROPERTIES. IMMERSE DOES NOT ASSUME ANY RESPONSIBILITY OR RISK FOR YOUR USE OF OUR WEBSITES.
Limitation of Liability
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE, SHALL WE, OUR SUBSIDIARY AND PARENT COMPANIES OR AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE, INCLUDING IN OUR MESSAGING, BLOGS, COMMENTS OF OTHERS, BOOKS, EMAILS, PRODUCTS, OR SERVICES, OR THIRD-PARTY MATERIALS, PRODUCTS, OR SERVICES MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE OR BY US IN ANY WAY, EVEN IF WE ARE ADVISED BEFOREHAND OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. (BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN CATEGORIES OF DAMAGES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, OUR LIABILITY AND THE LIABILITY OF OUR SUBSIDIARY AND PARENT COMPANIES OR AFFILIATES IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY SUCH STATE LAW.) YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY USER. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THE SITE, ANY MATERIALS, PRODUCTS, OR SERVICES ON THE SITE, OR WITH ANY OF THE SITE’S TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USING THE SITE AND THE PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND/OR MATERIALS.
This site is controlled by Immerse in Hong Kong. As such, the site, as well as these rules, are subject to the laws of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China, regardless of the location of the user, and any claims of any kind related thereto must be filed in state or federal court within Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China.
By using this site, user accepts and is subject to these terms and conditions which govern all use and all results thereof. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, do not use this site.
This site is offered AS IS and without warranties of any kind. Immerse disclaims any implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a specific purpose as well as title or non-infringement. Immerse is not responsible for timeliness, accuracy, unavailability or interruptions in availability, viruses or other defects in the site or its contents. In no event shall Immerse be responsible for any damages to users or their computer systems or otherwise, even if Immerse has been informed of the possibility of such damages and without regard to negligence.
ANY USE OF THE IMMERSE SITE IN VIOLATION OF THESE RULES CONSTITUTES TRESPASS AND/OR INFRINGEMENT OF THE RIGHTS OF THE SITE SPONSOR AND MAY RESULT IN LEGAL ACTION AGAINST YOU.