GCE Advanced Level (more commonly known as A level) is the traditional qualification offered by British high schools to students between 16 and 19 years old.
It is studied after students pass (I)GCSE at middle school. During this period of time, they had to choose and apply for their A-level subjects and, therefore, these admissions would be according to their (I)GCSEs grades.
There are different types of A-Levels: AS and A2.
AS level is basically half an A-Level. It is designed to provide a broad understanding of an A-Level subject. Since 2015 (2016/2017 for some subjects), AS levels are standalone courses and, therefore, no longer part of an A-Level.
At Immerse Languages, we assist our students to get the best out of their A-Levels’ skills in the following languages:
For Students in Year 11/12/13
- Develop in depth his/her language skills – listening, speaking, reading and writing
- Vocabulary building and grammar accuracy
- Exam technique improvement: effective question analysis, time management
- Oral Exam simulations (e.g.debates, presentations, interactive oral exams etc.)
- Review of all relevant topic areas
- Past Paper Exercises
- Guidance, marking and evaluation of the students’ performance