International Baccalaureate (IB)
The IB curriculum is a world-wide recognised program of international education. It covers the three main stages of pre-university pedagogy:
- Primary Years Program (PYP): Primary education
- Middle Years Program (MYP): Middle Secondary education
- Diploma Program (DP): Higher Secondary education
International Baccalaureate symbolises academic excellence and mainly focuses on analytical skills and applied knowledge. Students are meant to receive an education fit for a globalised world by developing their intellectual, emotional, personal and social skills.
Since it’s currently the most internationally recognised curriculum, IB students are coming from more than 5,000 schools across 156 countries.
The IB Diploma is, therefore, recognised by world’s leading education institutions, being accepted in 75 countries at over 2,000 universities.
At Immerse Languages, we assist our students at any of the 3 IB sections (PYP, MYP and DP) in the following languages:
- DP: For students in G11-G12 or Y12-Y13
- MYP: For students in G6-G10 or Y7-Y11
- PYP: For students in Primary
- Develop in depth student’s language skills – listening, speaking, reading and writing
- Vocabulary building and grammar accuracy
- Exam technique improvement: exam structure, effective question analysis, time management
- Oral Exam simulations (e.g.debates, presentations, interactive oral, etc.)
- Review of all relevant topic areas
- Past Paper Exercises
- Guidance, marking and evaluation of the students’ performance